A FRONT-LOADING CONCEPT DEVELOPED BY THE DEQ LEADERSHIP TEAM
EDUCATION + MEANINGFUL PARTICIPATION = COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT
The Enviroschool program at the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality (LDEQ) is the environmental education outreach arm of the Agency that provides training for communities, businesses, and other organizations on a number of regulatory topics. The goal of this program is for the attendees to become informed about the environmental regulatory process and to maintain and improve environmental compliance. These workshops are free and open to the public. If you are interested, please feel free to register for any of our workshops that are posted below or contact us if you would like additional information.
DHH will offer 3.0 wastewater credit hours for attendance at Sewage Sludge Hauling Sessions
LPDES Construction Stormwater Permits
This session will provide an overview of stormwater general permits and the requirements for operators of construction projects to obtain authorization to discharcharge stormwater. An emphasis will be placed on new requirements in the 2014 Large Construction General Permit, LAR 100000. Please register for one of the sessions below; all sessions are from 10AM-12NOON.
- APRIL 7, Alexandria Area: Kees Park Community Center, 2450 Highway 28 East, Pineville, LA 71360
Sewage Sludge Hauling
This session will provide an overview of the rules and regulations including registration requirements, standards for transporters of sewage sludge, and standards for vehicles and/or containers used in the transport of sewage sludge. Additionally, there will be a brief discussion on the inspection and enforcement procedures regarding sewage sludge hauling. Facility owners, operators, drivers, consultants, persons involved with sewage sludge generation, hauling and disposal operations are encouraged to attend. Please register for one of the sessions below; all sessions are from 10AM-12Noon. DHH will offer 3.0 wastewater credit hours for participation.
- April 9, Baton Rouge: LDEQ HQ- Galvez Bldg, Pensacola Room, 602 North 5th Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70802
- April 16, Lake Charles Area: LSU/SU Ag Center, 7101 Gulf Highway, Lake Charles, LA 70607
- April 23, Alexandria Area: Tudor Community Center, 341 Bragg Street, Pineville, LA 71360
- April 28, New Orleans Area: Jefferson Parish Library, 4747 West Napoleon Street, Metairie, LA 70001
Asbestos & Lead Workshop
The purpose of this workshop will be to discuss the Louisiana Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (LELAP); provide a summary of the proposed rule revisions related to Chapter 27 of the Louisiana Air Quality Regulations; note issues or concerns encountered by LDEQ staff this past year, and answer questions you may have. Please share this announcement with co-workers and other parties that may be interested in attending this free workshop. AGENDA
- Tuesday, April 28th, Baton Rouge, 9:00AM-12:15PM
- LDEQ HQ Conference Center, 602 North 5th Street, BR, LA 70802, Oliver Pollock & Pensacola Rooms
- Parking in Galvez garage across from DEQ HQ building. Parking will be validated if ticket is brought in with you.
For questions, please contact Christopher Mayeux, Manager at (225)219-0789 or Sheryl Grimmer, Supervisor, at (225) 219-1665. Please register below.
Business, Community Outreach, & Incentives Division
Post Office Box 4301
Baton Rouge, LA 70821